In 2012, the Johns Hopkins chapter of the American Marketing Association is looking for organ donors to register under its organization. The project, which is part of a competition against other colleges to recruit as many organ donors as possible, is meant to raise awareness of the need for organ donors as well as give good Samaritans the opportunity to save lives.
A few quick facts about organ transplants in America:
- Each day, 18 people die waiting for organ transplants.
- A new name is added to the organ transplant waiting list every 10 minutes.
- Nearly half of the people on this list are under 50 years old.
For more information on organ transplants and what you can do to help, please refer to the following video created by the JHU American Marketing Association:
If you don’t want to watch the video, but want to help the AMA reach its goal, please take these quick, easy steps:
- Go to the AMA Saves Lives page.
- Select your state of residence.
- When asked how you heard about the program, select “MARYLAND,” and, below, “Johns Hopkins University — Whiting School of Engineering.”
- Fill out your application and finish!
The JHU American Marketing Association thanks you for helping save lives!